The open-cut restrained joint, TerraBrute® CR, can be installed using horizontal directional drilling (HDD), sliplining or jack & bore methods. We have installed over one million feet since 2002. TerraBrute® CR has a safe pulling force based on a safety factor of 2.0. The bend radius of 4 to 12 inches in diameter allows for fittings in new installations, repairs and maintenance.
TerraBrute® CR is available in 20-foot lengths.
Features and benefits
- Fully-restrained integral bell joint
- High-deflection profile gasket with field proven leak-free performance
- Gasket available in nitrile rubber for contaminated soil applications
- Meets the performance requirements of AWWA C900
- Meets NSF 61 certification for drinking water system components
- Corrosion-resistant, non-metallic ring-and-pin configuration
- Fast and easy joint assembly
- Rounded bell shoulders slide by roots, rocks and other debris that can protrude into the bore hole
- Segmented assembly requires less space for insertion pits
- Ease of reconnection to standard PVC pipe at transition points