Fusible PVC® Pipe
Fusible PVC® pipe combines industry accepted PVC plastic with thermal butt-fusion joining technology to provide the water, wastewater, electrical, industrial and telecommunications industries with a fully restrained, monolithic pipe for use with traditional and trenchless installation methods. Well over 10 million feet of Fusible C-900®, Fusible C-905® and Fusible PVC® pipe have already been installed around the world.
PVC has a long and successful history as water and sewer pipe. It is:
- Corrosion resistant
- Resistant to chemicals
Underground Solutions' Fusible PVC® pipe has all of the same benefits of PVC along with the benefits that come with a fusion joining process for both trenchless and traditional open-cut project installation.
- Fusible C-900®, Fusible C-905® and Fusible PVC® pipes from Underground Solutions are the only fusible polyvinyl chloride pressure pipes on the market, and they are the only PVC pipes that have a joint as strong as the pipe.
- Fusible C-900®, Fusible C-905® and Fusible PVC® pipes are stronger, lighter, less costly and easier to work with than HDPE in trenchless applications.
- PVC is currently the most widely utilized pipe material in the United States.
- Fusible PVC® pipe provides a monolithic, fully restrained, gasket- and leak-free piping system.
- PVC has a much higher stiffness (modulus) compared to other plastic pipe which limits long term deformation under soil load.
- High tensile strength (ASTM D638) of the fused joint (up to 7000 psi) allows for higher safe pulling stresses and consequently longer installation pull-in lengths.
- Low wall thickness for given pressure requirement translates into highest flow per outer diameter (OD) dimension.
- Standard waterworks fittings are used to tap, connect and change direction on Fusible PVC® pipe systems–eliminating the use of expensive transition fittings or fused-on fittings.
- PVC resists hydrocarbon permeation better than other thermoplastic pipe systems (AWWA Research Foundation).
- PVC is more resistant to water disinfectant induced oxidation than other thermoplastic pipe systems.
- PVC has been used for over 50 years–owner and contractor familiarity of the pipe is well established.
- Water transmission and distribution mains
- Gravity sewer and force mains
- Process water
- Recycled, reuse and reclaimed water
- Irrigation and raw water
- Storm or surface water
- Electrical and fiber optic conduit
- Horizontal directional drilling
- Pipe bursting
- Jack & bore carrier pipe insertions
- Open-cut restrained joint
13135 Danielson Street, Suite 201
Poway, CA 92064
Fusible PVC® Pipe Engineering Info
Underground Solutions Flow Calculator
Our Flow Calculator can help estimate the hydraulics for your project.