FRP Pipeline Repair
By bonding specially designed layers of FRP (carbon fibers and glass fibers) to the internal surface of a pipeline, we take advantage of the inherent strength of these FRP systems, which significantly increases both the hoop and axial strengths of distressed pipe segments.
Application of fiber composite layers leaves the internal diameter of the pipe virtually unchanged, resulting in a rapid installation process that is both economical and, most importantly, fully structural.
Fibrwrap Construction offers a complete turnkey package that includes access, surface preparation and application of the Tyfo® system. The entire Tyfo® system is NSF 61 compliant. Additional protective coatings are applied for aggressive chemical or environmental exposures, when necessary.
- Restoration of pipelines to original hydrostatic pressure capacity
- Accommodation of increased internal pressure requirements
- Reestablishment of flexural loading capabilities
- Restoration of original external load-bearing capacity
- Upgraded load-bearing capacity due to higher traffic requirements
- Trenchless process: prevents the cutting of roads and other surface structures
- Segmental repair system: prevents costly alternative methods such as sliplining. In addition, these systems allow full structural rehabilitation of only distressed pipe segments
- Prevention of internal diameter loss: rarely adds more than ¼-inch thickness to the pipe, significantly less than any other rehab system out there
- Speed of completion: allows emergency repairs to be completed in minimal time (48 to 72 hours)
- Limited service disruption: promises rapid, turnkey application and emergency repairs
- Completely non-corrosive system: ensures that corrosion-related damages do not recur in rehabilitated pipe segments
- NSF 61 certification: includes every component of the repair system from the fibers and primers to the resins and composites
- Durability: guarantees that all rehab systems are designed for a minimum 50-year service life just like concrete and steel. Full-scale testing, weatherability studies and in-field service life have proven the durability of FRP-based systems
- Environmentally friendly: ensures that the VOC-content of composite systems are well below EPA’s hazardous air pollutant (HAP) allowables. This is ideal for work performed in confined spaces such as inside pipelines
- Trained professionals: Fibrwrap Construction’s crew of project managers, superintendents and field application personnel adhere to the highest standards of safety. They are certified by the Cal/OSHA Mining and Tunneling Unit to meet one of the most stringent construction regulations in North America – The California Dept. of Industrial Relations, Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) – Title 8 Regulations (T8 CCR, California Code of Regulations), Chapter 4, Division of Industrial Safety, Subchapter 20, Tunnel Safety Orders (§§ 8400 – 8568)