More Strength. More Capacity. Better for the Environment.
Insituform’s iPlus® Composite is a fiber-reinforced CIPP product with greater strength and stiffness than traditional CIPP offerings- making it ideal for the rehabilitation of medium- to large-diameter gravity pipes (24 to 96 inches).
- More strength. Reinforcing fibers are integrated into the pipe wall to form a sandwich laminate structure with improved physical properties. The improved flexural strength makes iPlus® Composite an excellent material choice for non-circular cross-sections containing straight sides, like egg shapes or flat bottom arch pipes.
- More capacity. By combining innovative engineering technology with superior materials, Insituform provides a fully structural pipeline rehabilitation product with about half the wall thickness of conventional CIPP products. iPlus® Composite delivers increased flow capacity relative to the host pipe and more conventional rehabilitation products.
- Better for the environment. iPlus® Composite is truly a product that does more with less. Less resin is used to produce this product, less energy is required to cure this product and less fuel is needed to transport this product to the jobsite. iPlus® Composite can be installed in less time than conventional CIPP, saving energy and reducing emissions released into the air from onsite equipment. All these factors are good for the environment and will help agencies meet federal mandates to reduce emissions and conserve energy.
iPlus® Composite offers many other benefits:
- Provides a seamless, jointless “pipe-within-a-pipe”
- Restores structural integrity
- Significantly reduces infiltration
- Stabilizes pipes with a wide range of shapes
580 Goddard Avenue
Chesterfield, MO 63005
Large-Diameter CIPP Installation
Installation of large-diameter cured-in-place pipe.
The iPlus® Composite laminate design theory optimally utilizes the structural reinforcing materials, reducing the CIPP wall thickness by about half. As with other CIPP products, the applied pipe loads are calculated according to the trenchless technology industry accepted standards, such as ASTM F1216.
iPlus® Composite is manufactured with a polypropylene coating on the inside pipe surface. This elastomeric flow surface coating increases the composite pipe’s smoothness, reduces the surface friction and provides an additional corrosion barrier for the sewer pipeline.
By combining innovative engineering technology with superior materials, Insituform provides a fully structural pipeline rehabilitation product with about half the wall thickness of conventional CIPP offerings.
|Host pipe diameter (in)||48|
|Host pipe ovality (%)||5|
|External head of water above invert (ft)||17|
|Soil depth above invert (ft)||25|
|Soil modulus (psi)||1000|
|Soil density (lb/ft^3)||120|
|ASSHTO live load (lbs)||16,000|
|Design method||ASTM F1216|
|Design Values||Standard Insituform® CIPP||iPlus® Composite|
|Flexural modulus (psi)||400,000||850,000|
|Flexural strength (psi)**||4,500||4,500|
|Wall thickness (mm)||28.5||18.5|
*Data is provided as an example of the possible physical properties of iPlus® Composite. Actual results may vary depending on design and project specifications.
**Minimum flexural strength for iPlus® Composite.
The following table refers to municipal sewer cured-in-place pipe projects using the iPlus® Composite product. Insituform can provide CIPP products that extend beyond these parameters through our engineering group. Contact us for additional information.
|Diameter range||24 to 96 in.|
|pH range||0.5 to 10.5|
|Effluent temperarture||Up to 140°F|
|Fully deteriorated pipe||Yes|
|Partially deteriorated pipe||Yes|
|Host pipe shape||All shapes|
|Host pipe materials||All materials|