Corrpro uses the patented Safetrack® pinbrazing system to produce safe electrical cable connections to steel structures without melting of the steel in the pipes or other steel structures. The patented system uses a special silver-based alloy and is melted to 650°C using controlled energy distribution from high power batteries through the patented electronic and automated brazing device.
The Safetrack® system is used in many industries for connecting cables and is especially suitable for use in the cathodic protection industry to connect anode cables to pipelines, vessels, reinforcement bars, etc. With the patented Safetrack® electronic battery-driven pinbrazing system, installations can be done quickly and in any weather, any time. The process is also safe and poses little to no risk for the operator. Safetrack® pinbrazing materials are manufactured in Sweden, where the pinbrazing method was invented.
For more information, check out Safetrack's Pinbrazing brochure.
- Fast – The pinbrazing process takes only a second and the whole preparation takes less than a minute
- Low temperature – Does not affect internal coatings
- Safe for the material – Does not melt the work material like other exothermic welding methods (thermite). Just a thin layer of silver is applied between the pipe and the cable wires.
- Safe in all weather conditions
- Suitable for use on pipe lay barge – No need for special molds
- Safe for the operator – battery driven 36V DC system and no hazardous materials
- Strong, molecular connection – Silver assure a strong molecular binding with the lowest possible transition resistance