Vacuum excavation services substantially lower the risk of personal injury to the operator since test leads or anode lead wires can be attached to piping from the surface. Because air vacuum excavation services are non-conductive, it is much safer to operate than other excavation techniques. In addition, air won’t damage the utilities you are trying to expose, significantly reducing the possibility of damage c-aims. A pick, shovel or high-pressure water can damage the utilities you are trying to protect.
Air vacuum excavation turns a backbreaking, messy and dangerous job into a fast, simple and safe process and provides significant benefits, such as:
- Operate up to 200-feet away from the truck for areas difficult to access. Our optional Barrel-Top Interceptor keeps the spoils at the digging site.
- Digs faster than water in most soils.
- The job can be completed in a shorter and safer time frame, saving you valuable downtime and overall costs.
- With a smaller hole to fill, less expensive material costs and reduced pavement repair costs, your overall project costs are reduced.
- Underground utility locating
- Cathodic protection installation for both sacrificial and impressed currents
- Test lead installation