The InsituMain® cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) system is installed using a non-disruptive process:
- Step 1: The composite materials are saturated with a thermosetting epoxy resin system either on the jobsite or in an authorized Insituform wetout facility.
- Step 2: Using water or air pressure, the tube is then inserted into the host pipe by either a pull-in or inversion method.
- Step 3: Following installation, hot water or steam is circulated throughout the tube to cure the thermosetting resin.
- Step 4: The pipe is cooled, the ends are cut off and the pipe is returned to service. Lined sections are re-established to the existing system using standard pipe fittings.
- Step 5: Service connections on the existing host pipe are robotically restored from inside the lined main. Using innovative technology to locate the connections from inside a lined main, a remote operator robotically cuts through the liner at each service opening.
Internal pressure rating
Host pipe material
6 to 96 inches
Yes, up to 45º
Exceed ASTM F1216 and ASTM F1743