Internal diameter (ID) coatings are used to improve the flow of gas through the pipeline by creating a smooth defect free surface--greatly increasing the flow of gas through the pipeline.
ID coatings are also used:
- as a corrosion protection to increase through-put and to reduce wax and hydrate formation
- as an insulator on electrically heated pipe-in-pipe lines to reduce pipe maintenance and making pipeline inspection easier
- in potable water applications
The Bayou Companies has multiple ID coating facilities in New Iberia, Louisiana, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Conroe, Texas and Camrose, Alberta, Canada. Facilities are capable of handling 2-inch to 48-inch pipe in varying lengths.
InnerGard™ coating is an advanced solution for traditional polyethylene liners, clad welding or expensive alloy steels currently being used for water injection lines.
InnerGard™ coating capabilities:
- ID blasting and coating up to 24 inch (DRL)
- Various liquid coating applications
- Customer specific coating applications
- State of the art QA/QC testing and reporting
Advantages to internal coating:
- Protects steel pipelines being stored for extended periods prior to installation
- Reduces the cost of inhibitors and pigging
- Eliminates the formation of black powder and inhibits microorganism growth activity
- Extends the life of the pipeline
- Provides excellent corrosion protection (chemical/water)
- Enhances flow assurance
- Greatly reduces pipe cost when compared to using high alloy pipe
- All applied coatings shall meet drinking water standards. Contact Bayou for additional information regarding certification to the NSF/ANSI Standard 61.
- Offers better visual inspection with a smooth, hard surface
Bayou's InnerGard™ coating facility is located at the Port of Iberia in New Iberia, Louisiana.